Tuesday, July 7, 2009





My son has had a life long fear of small fury creatures that move independently. I have always fostered that fear and tried to keep him away of anything that would surely bring tears and screams and that scared to death look of terror in his eyes when one would approach.

A few weeks ago he was invited to sleep over at a friends house. It would have been his first sleep over had he been able to complete the mission but that did not happen 30 mins after he arrived he was ready to come home they had a kitty.

I spoke to him on the phone "mommy I'm really scared". "Brad can you see that cat?" "No Mommy" Well when you do all you have to do is hiss at it and it will run away. I could actually hear his voice trembling. Before I could finish getting his sister and Emily to bed he was at the back door with his spidy pillow in hand crying big fat tears. I felt so bad for him.

He looked at me and said "Mommy this is ruining my social life I have to face these fears.... Can you get me a puppy?" I often would tell him thats what we were going to have to do in order to him over this fear but I never thought he would ask me for one. I'm glad he realizes he has to face his fears and super proud of him.

Over the fourth of July weekend he hung out with a cat andloved it and petted it... baby steps right!

So we are now on the hunt for a puppy that will grow with Brad and be his best bud.

No comments: